Over at http://www.topix.com, at a conversation going on between a few Church of Christ fundamentalists and a few other folks, we had a list of some Very Interesting Questions posted for our Church of Christ friends to answer. I put them here for your perusal, and invite you to put them on your list of questions to ask your own Church of Christ friends.
1) I was baptized at age 10 for the forgiveness of my sins (in a Church of Christ) what sins were I capable of committing at this point in my life? If I died before my baptism would I have gone to Hell?
2) Where does the age of accountability for proper baptism appear in the Bible? Please provide book, chapter, and verse
3) Is Matthew 28:19 proper baptismal instructions? Or did Jesus make an incomplete statement?
4) Would you consider keeping another man as a slave to be sin?(Please keep in mind 1 Timothy 6:1-2, Ephesians 6:5)
5) Is the apostle Paul accountable for his false teachings on “faith only” salvation in the books of Romans and Ephesians?
6) Would Paul be allowed to serve as an Elder in your Church? Jesus is called the “high priest” for the Jewish audience in the book of Hebrews. Doe he fit the criteria to be an elder of a congregation?
7) Is it better for a man not to marry? Would a preacher be more effective if he was not married? Should Paul’s thoughts on the subject be considered advice? inference? command?
8) Is the Bible silent on the following issues? song leaders, song books, choirs, paid preachers, church supported colleges, proper dress attire in a worship assembly, Wed. night assemblies, organs, communion being part of a worship service, clapping in a church service, indoor baptisms, sitting and standing in unison during a service, proper methods of baptisms, singing songs written by members of differing denominations, women singing in a church service (are they silent?), youth ministers, church secretaries, and church buildings?
9) If my eyes are causing me to sin should I gauge them out? Should this be taken literally? Why or why not? Is this instruction you would give another Christian?
10) How many times does the Book of James mention Baptism as a necessary work? Does it mention it at all? What is the main point of the Book of James?
11) How many times did Jesus address what proper worship in public assembly consists of?
12) Where in the Bible (please provide book, chapter, and verse) is the Lord’s Supper set to consist of grape juice and crackers that must be observed every Sunday morning.
13) Please provide book, chapter, verse that bans alcohol drinking as well as dancing.
14) Where does the idea of being “silent where the Bible is silent” appear in the Bible (please provide book, chapter, verse)
15) Is gluttony a sin? If so, is eating fast food a sin; or is overeating fast food a sin?
16) Was the original Lord’s Supper unscriptural occurring as a Passover dinner on a Thursday night?
17) I have never seen any Church today conform to the clear pattern of practice set in Acts 2:44-45. Why is this clear example ignored?
18) Why was Jesus baptized?
19) Did Jesus have any fears or doubts about his role? If he did would this make him “imperfect” or does it display his humanity?
20) Who did Jesus butt heads with the most? Why?
21) What does “infallible” mean to you? Please provide the book, chapter, verse that the Bible claims to be infallible.
22) Where did the Bible come from? Who decided what books it should consist of? Were the men that decided this Christians? Was God guiding them?
23) When did the church fall into apostasy? Has there been a time when the Church of Christ did not exist? Has there been a time when it was united?Thanks to “DMH” for the list of questions.